21 July 2009
I just pushed the second alpha release of Rip. What’s new?
- C extensions are now built automatically during installation.
- Rip can now uninstall itself using
sudo rip uninstall rip.
rubycommand for running Ruby within a specific ripenv:
rip ruby some_ripenv file.rb
RUBYBINenv support to
RUBYBIN=/path/to/jruby rip ruby cheat_env cheat.rb
- Rip also respects the
- Improved zshell support.
- Support for the fish shell.
- Can pass
--ripdiras to setup.
- More friendly and informative
- Rip now installs into
/usrby default on OS X (not
- Rogue plugins can no longer break Rip.
- Packages may now respond to hooks in the installation process.
And, of course, bug fixes. Thanks to everyone who contributed!